Saturday, August 30, 2008

Keith Jason's 10 Random Thoughts


1. Have you ever called someone’s cell and got a voicemail message that states… “You have reached the mobile office of…” I don’t know why, but every time I hear that message I can’t help but think to myself, “What kind of furniture do you put in a mobile office?”

2. If you’ve kept up with my Random Thought notes or my Facebook page you should know that I am a life long Chicago Cubs fan. To see the way that they have been playing this year is absolutely AMAZING… However, my random thought about them in this note is actually a quote from my Father… I got an email from him entitled “Miracles” that simply read: “Being a cub fan right now is like having a severely handicapped older son that you've loved and supported his entire life and waking up one morning and finding he's superman.”

3. In retrospect, I probably should have come home to watch Obama’s speech at the DNC last night. However, this was the first time in my 9 years as a student and a staff member at EMU that I got to watch the Football team hand out an old fashioned butt whoopin’. I just couldn’t leave the game. Final score was 52-0!!!! It doesn’t matter that it was Indiana State! EMU did what they were supposed to do… Shot out to T.Blev and Tyler Jones! Great game fellas.

4. I was reading Luke 13:11-17 in the KJV the other day. What blew my mind is that a lot of people spend so much time praying and asking God what there purpose is and make it seem like a mystical thing where God cracks the clouds and says “You will be a GREAT leader” (You ever notice that people never really say things like “God told me I was going to be Janitor” or a trash man, but I digress). In this story, Jesus simply saw a need and met it. Which leads me to my new prayer “Lord develop my ability to recognize need”. Don’t get me wrong, purpose is important, and we should all strive to discover and fulfill it, but ask yourself if there is work that’s going undone while you are trying to figure it out.

5. Passion is a direct indicator PURPOSE. I always look at the life of Moses and see how when he found out he was a Hebrew his passion for seeing his people taken care of was ignited. So much so that he killed an Egyptian for mistreating one of his brothers. While his passion was misplaced (Murder is not cool) it was a indicator of what was to come…. What are you passionate about? I bet you’ll find purpose in there somewhere…

6. They shut the Rec down and EMU in between the Summer and Fall semesters. So I had to find a new place to work out for the two weeks and ended up at…. Bally’s… At first I didn’t like Bally’s AT ALL. Seeing all of the trainers walking around in phenomenal shape and the members in great shape and then…. Me in not so great shape. It made me a little insecure about working out there. I felt this way until my sister said to me… “Keith, those people probably feel just as insecure as you do.” That really put things in perspective for me. I actually kinda like Bally’s now.

7. If you’ve ever asked me “How’s the married life Keith?” you know that my response is always “Marriage is a BEAUTIFUL challenge”. It really is! I’ve learned soooooooooooooooooooo much from my wife and our marriage. We are in the process of leasing our home to a tenant as part of a lease to buy deal. It’s a lot handle and we are really learning…

8. Do yall remember back in the day when you could get 10 packets of Kool-Aid for a dollar? I miss that… But Project 200 doesn’t let me do Kool-Aid anyway so….

9. I spoke at UofM Dearborn earlier in the year about Interracial Relationships. It was a panel discussion and I had a really great time. You can check out my snippets at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1w_rWCdnHkc

10. One thing I’ve learned in life is this….. The only way to get better at making tough decisions…. Is to make tough decisions….

If you like what you read, feel free to join the fan page for the Random Thoughts notes and videos. You can join by visiting http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keith-P-Jasons-Random-Thoughts/32876777081?ref=mfthen click the "Become a Fan" button on the top right side of the page...The Random Thoughts notes are also featured along with alot of other great stuff at www.righteoushipster.blogspot.com

No comments: